On your Midvale City Utility Bill, the item listed as Water Usage is the actual amount of water you used during the billing cycle. The water usage number listed on your bill is the number of units for each 1000 gallons of water used. If you use less than 1000 gallons in a billing period, no number will be listed in this area of your bill.
There is no water allocated with your Water Base. The Water Base charge includes the fees for maintenance and repair of Midvale's water service to the water meter at your home or business.
Midvale City maintains water service to the meter. The water service from the meter to your home is the full responsibility of the property owner.
WORRIED ABOUT YOUR WATER USAGE?
If your water usage seems out of the ordinary, and you suspect there may be a water leak somewhere on your property, please consider checking the following:
- Outside Faucet
- Stop and Waste Sprinkler Valve not turned On or Off all the way
- Sprinkler System Valves
- Soaker Hose in Use
- Watering the Yard for Extended Periods of Time
- Water Line Between the Meter and House
- Malfunctioning Water Softener
- Toilet Valve
- Kitchen or Bathroom Faucets
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine
- Hot Water Heater
- Swamp Cooler
- Continuous Pet Feeder
- Any Other Ongoing Water Use
* Warning: Meters are the property of Midvale City. Please do not attempt to shut the water off at your meter or tamper with the meter in any way. Any manipulation of the water meter could result in tampering fees. You will also be financially responsible for any damages done to the meter.
If you have any questions about your water usage, please call Midvale City at 801-567-7200.